You just got engaged! You’ve made the announcement and have told all your loved ones. Amidst all the congratulations and excitement, you have probably started thinking about all things wedding.
Organizing a timeline is vital in making sure you get everything done at the right times. That way, when the big day arrives, you’ll be completely prepared and able to relax and enjoy your special day.
Read on for our curated wedding planning timeline.
No matter how quickly you want to get married, the first steps are always the same:
- Determine an Approximate Budget. Setting a budget from the start is essential in helping you narrow down your choices throughout the process.
- Estimate Guest Number. Estimating a rough guest number will also help you and your partner make critical decisions early on.
14 to 12 months out
- Choose and reserve your ceremony and reception venue.
- Nail down the date. This decision will come with reserving your venue.
12 to 9 months out
- Select time-sensitive vendors. Many venues have on-site vendors that you can hire for your wedding.
- Start looking for your wedding dress. Ordering gowns and scheduling fittings can take a lot longer than you think.
8 to 6 months out
- Book an officiant.
- Select second round of vendors. These vendors may not be as time-sensitive but may include: caterers, florists, make-up artists, and hair stylists.
- Send save-the-date invitations.
- Book or reserve hotel rooms for out of town guests.
- Nail down your wedding party and order bridesmaid dresses.
- Set up your registry.
6 to 4 months out
- Set the menu. Arrange a final tasting with caterers.
- Rent or order tuxes for the groom and groomsmen.
- Book the rehearsal dinner venue. You will want to do this early out because bookings for larger parties can be difficult.
3 to 2 months out
- Decide on all printed materials. These materials can include programs, menus, place cards, and the guestbook.
- Don’t forget the details. Don’t put off the small details for the last month, as that may be stressful as the big day approaches. Organize toasting flutes, cake knives, photos for displays, sendoff sparklers or any other small details ahead of time.
- Obtain a marriage license.
- Schedule your dress fitting. Make sure to try your dress on with your shoes and veil to see the whole picture.
- Buy the wedding rings.
- Confirm final guest count with vendors. Once you confirm your final guest count, you’ll also be able to prepare the seating plan.
- Pick your wedding cake.
2 to 3 weeks out
- Take care of personal grooming. Getting a haircut or a wax right before a wedding can be disastrous if it does not go according to plan.
- Finalize transportation for the ceremony and reception.
- Ceremony rehearsal and rehearsal dinner takes place during this time.
- Prepare tip and payment envelopes for vendors.
- All final touches.
Day of the wedding
- The most important thing to do: relax and enjoy! You’ve done everything you can to make sure the big day goes perfectly. Enjoy this celebration of love with your family and friends.
Ready to Put This Wedding Planning Timeline Into Action?
Planning a wedding can be overwhelming. The list of decisions is seemingly endless. From flowers to table linens and venues to vows, there are many things on a wedding to-do list.
Planning and organizing a clear wedding planning timeline will make you feel completely ready when the big day arrives.
Check us out for information on the perfect venue to host your special day.
The Corinthian Banquet and Event Center can accommodate functions from 30 to 350 guests. The Corinthian’s diligent team of personnel will provide superior service and exquisite cuisine to make an ordinary event extraordinary.